My family and I recently took a five day vacation to Crested Butte- a five hour car trip through some beautiful country to the most gorgeous town I've ever seen. My parents are long-time veterans of Crested Butte, and everywhere else, it seems, but it's been nearly ten years since I've been there, and was very excited to show Gabriel around. By the time we left, he had a deep tan, a habit of smelling every flower he came across, many a bug bite, and an itch to go hiking again (I hope!). We saw a lot of different sides of Crested Butte, and I enjoyed every minute of the trip, especially when we saw some wild animals (we saw a porcupine, a buck, a doe, a marmont, a wild turkey, a falcon, and a lot of mountain swallows and voles, phew). Of course, we also appreciated the countryside, and as CB is the "Wildflower Capital of Colorado," there was plenty to love, smell, and learn about.


At a chilly lake with grandma...

We saw a wild porcupine! Sorry for the bad quality, it was way zoomed in and cropped. How neat, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment