There is something incredibly touching about lying next to somebody who's falling asleep. Beit a baby, a sibling, a lover, or a pet, I've always found it very moving to be with somebody who's comfortable and trusting enough to drift off lying side by side with another person. Of course, if you're tired enough, you can doze just about anywhere, but I'm talking about love naps, here. I appreciate the peacefulness of watching as Gabriel starts rubbing his eyes in the middle of his sleepy stories (our favorites are Snuggle Up, Sleepy Ones, and Grandfather Twilight from when I was young), as his small hands find his head and begin playing with his hair, as his eyes begin to slowly close, and he reaches out to lie a hand on me in reassurance... There isn't much that is as calming or as sweet as putting your child gently to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment