Thursday, May 28, 2009

After the Rain.

When I was pregnant with Gabriel, my aunt said to me, "Having a child changes everything. For the first time, you feel the whole world." After nearly eleven months of motherhood, I can say that I most definitely agree. Never before have I noticed so much; watching the seasons change, the difference one small rain can make to the branches of the trees, the color of snow, the sounds of the morning birds and the sounds of the night birds, even the patterns on our hardwood floors. I'm in love with every detail of this chaotic world.
After the heavy weekend of rain, everything is just sighing with springy relief. It's so beautiful to see. I've never seen our grass look so green, or trees and bushes so filled-in. Aah. Spring, you're wonderful.

Our most recent addition to the house is this sweetest, hand-picked hanging basket. I love the yellow ones. It's very fun to water, because it leaks all over, but if you ask Gabriel, it's even funner to spin!

A very happy Crab-Apple tree is coming back extremely strong after a hard cutting-back this last late winter. Yay!

Mmm, gotta love those lovely indecisive spring skies...

And our sweet, old, lopsided Evergreen has some new greens.

Brand new mushrooms who sprouted up after the rainy weekend. They're super fluffy and white, sadly I don't think they'll stay around very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment